Applications are received from the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). For more information about applying through ERAS please visit https://www.aamc.org/students/medstudents/eras/. Interviews occur in October, November, and December.
Applications are accepted until December 31, 2016. Only applications submitted electronically through ERAS will be considered and reviewed.
The IU Methodist Family Medicine Residency does not offer Observorships or Externships.
Residency Requirements for all applicants graduating from non-LCME or AOA accredited schools:
(Please note that meeting these criteria is not a guarantee of an invitation to interview. The selection committee considers many other factors as well.)
1. Graduated from medical school in the last 5 years, or be graduating no later than June 2016.
2. Must have passed the USMLE Step 1 and Step 2 exams on the first attempt.
3. International medical graduate candidates must be eligible for ECFMG certification prior to July 1st of the year prospective internship would begin, including passing the CSA and English tests.
4. The only Visa accepted is J-1 Visa.
5. Three (3) Letters of Recommendation. At least one letter must be from a Family Physician.
6. Applications are accepted until December 1, 2016. Only applications submitted electronically through ERAS will be considered and reviewed.